Assistant Center Manager
The Assistant Center Manager in collaboration with the Center Manager will be responsible for center operations, including production, quality compliance, Finance, HR and IT. In most Centers, the Assistant Center Manager will have primary responsibility for day-to-day center operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- In the absence of the Center Manager, maintains overall authority over center operations production goals, monitors net yields and implements improvement plans as required. Meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintains operational records.
- Independently determines center labor usage to meet business needs. Supports meeting the established center production goals.
- In collaboration with Center Manager, manages all inventories to optimum levels by maximizing efficiencies and customer service levels and minimizing investment.
- Ensures efficient patient flow throughout the center. Identifies problem areas and implements corrective action as needed.
- In collaboration with Center Manager, ensures compliance with all company procedures and applicable federal, state and local regulations. Proficient in all staff tasks and duties at a level adequate for training and critiquing employees in the performance of those tasks and duties.
- Consistently meets daily, weekly and monthly deadlines and maintains center’s operational records.
- In absence of Center Manager, responsible for all aspects of financial oversight. Responsible for center production goals.
In collaboration with Center Manager:
- Ensures financial targets are met and adheres to cash management, financial reporting, and other financial responsibilities.
- Supports the center philosophy of continuous improvement. Collects and analyzes data to maintain and improve center quality, efficiency and profitability. Implements effective corrective action plans when appropriate.
- Works with market leadership to develop effective corrective action plans to address any areas of deficiency noted during audits.
- Follows all HSE and OSHA policies and procedures. Ensures the center and all employees comply with OSHA regulations and training. Completes all OSHA record keeping and reporting requirements.
- Maintains clean efficient work environment, and ensures center has sufficient operating supplies and forms. Conducts routine internal procedures and documentation audits.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent critical reasoning, decision-making, and problem-solving skills to analyze situations, determine risks, and find solutions to prevent future issues and resolve recurring defects.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to details to handle multiple tasks, short deadlines, frequent interruptions, and shifting priorities in support of changing company objectives.
- Strong leadership, training, written and verbal communication, and interpersonal and presentation skills to drive results.
- Understanding of regulatory standards, various local, state and federal laws that apply to the business and where to find information on standards and interpretations.
- Proven skills in budgeting and fiscal management preferred.
- Intermediate working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite products including Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Outlook, plus a variety of other word-processing, spreadsheet, database, e-mail and presentation software.
- Ability and willingness to travel between local centers, regionally and nationwide up to 10% of the time.
- Spoken and written fluency in English.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, a Biological Science program or a closely related discipline OR additional experience above the minimum will be considered in lieu of the required education on a year-for-year basis required.
- A minimum of 1 year of related work experience in a medical clinic, hospital setting or similar environment required.
- Supervisory/managerial experience in a medical clinic, hospital setting or similarly regulated environment strongly preferred.