The center manager position is responsible for the overall performance of the operational, financial and people related center level goals. The center manager also partners closely with the center’s clinical leadership to ensure patient care, service and clinical metrics meet and exceed expectations. The Center Manager is an individual that, first and foremost, has a strong desire to serve others. This individual must be equally comfortable greeting patients in the waiting room, engaging with PCPs to further the ChenMed Way, leading a diverse staff, growing a business, and owning a profit and loss budget. This service-oriented individual will have a keen understanding of how serving others results in staff that are better developed and more capable, and patients that are more engaged in their health, thereby yielding better patient outcomes.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- On average, will own and operate a budget in excess of $25M.
- On a daily basis, must lead people, coordinate and inspire the team, and achieve results under challenging circumstances.
- Must be able to work comfortably with financial statements, and financial concepts, in a service organization.
- Provide extraordinary customer service to all internal and external customers (including patients and other Chen Medical team members) at all times.
- Monitor office communication and performance to ensure that front desk, referrals and medical assistant teams operate in an efficient, accurate and customer-focused manner.
- Work with Team Leaders to conduct performance evaluations of all team members and complete any required disciplinary actions.
- Monitor the number of patients and wait time to ensure proper flow of patients from check-in through appointment to check-out.
- Address / resolve any customer-service or team member issues.
- Ensure accuracy of all incoming and outgoing information including supplies, invoices, billing requests, and patient records.
- Work closely with the Sales and Marketing department in developing strategies to increase and retain membership.
- Apply a bias towards frugality and creativity when it comes to problem solving for operational challenges, seeking to improve people, process and systems before increasing costs and complexity.
- Utilize a strong sense of business acumen that assists with understanding our business, appreciating the various operating levers to utilize for success, and driving significant new patient growth in their center.
- Demonstrate a strong sense of ownership; the successful Center Manager will drive success of the center from all dimensions – people, financial, service, growth, and outcomes, as if they owned the organization.
- Maintain a sense of the competitive environment, actively drive sales, and make sure that we are always providing a level of service exceeding all other healthcare providers.
OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Conduct tours for prospective patients and ensure New Patient paperwork is completed and in chart.
- Work with doctors in meeting set up, writing letters to/for patients.
- Review reports to ensure target metrics are achieved and processes are being followed.
- Ensure co-pays are compliantly collected and cash is reconciled and deposited.
- Conduct walk through of the Center to ensure a clean and safe environment, including spot checks of back office for expired medications, proper biohazard waste and medicine disposal, etc.
- Conduct trainings and refreshers regarding Medicare and HIPAA compliance, ensure annual OSHA trainings occur and employees have all required certifications current in their files.
- Monitor transportation and housekeeping activities.
- Monitor / alter team member work schedules, including approval of overtime or vacations.
- Work closely with the Management Team and Administrators in relation to strategic business planning.
- Other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieves results, even under tough circumstances.
- Business Insight: Applying knowledge of business and the market place to advance the organization’s goals
- Financial Acumen: Interpreting, applying & understanding key financial indicators to make better business decisions.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Builds Effective Teams: Building strong identity teams that apply their diverse skills and perspectives to achieve common goals.
- Situational Adaptability: Effectively building formal and informal relationship networks inside and outside the organization.
- Customer Focus: Building strong customer-centric relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
- Demonstrates Self-awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- The experience, skills, and abilities commensurate with managing an organization that exceeds $25M in revenue.
- Ability to learn with an openness and curiosity about the ChenMed Way, and willingness to adapt to our innovative approach to improving health outcomes.
- Strong track record of taking on new assignments and quickly mastering new ways of accomplishing goals.
- Skill in oral communication (English required).
- Ability to communicate with employees, patients and other individuals in a professional and courteous manner.
- Ability to pay close attention to detail and to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to manage multiple processes and work effectively with other team members.
Additional Job Description
- 5 – 10 years of external experience in a service industry, preferably healthcare or hospitality, with a minimum of 5 years supervisory experience and a minimum of 3 years Income Statement management experience OR 3 – 5 years of INTERNAL experience with a minimum of 3 years supervisory experience and demonstrated knowledge and proficiency in working with ChenMed center level Income Statements, Medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Hospitality, Healthcare Administration, clinical or related discipline OR Associate’s equivalent degree with at least ten (10) years of related supervisory work experience OR Demonstrable experience at a commensurate level
- Master’s degree in Business or Healthcare Administration preferred