Project Manager - Enterprise Strategic Initiatives
This position is the driving force behind the implementation and actualization of strategic initiatives. The incumbent works on frequently rotating initiatives that are mapped to the strategic priorities as defined by the Executive Team. Each project or initiative’s Executive Sponsor is dependent upon this role to make sure the work gets done – quickly and with the right design for impact and sustainability. Success requires a deep understanding of ChenMed’s economic model, organizational model, and culture. This position works cross-functionally, influences without reporting authority, maps out stakeholders to design a successful change management approach, and carries out the direction and needs of the Executive Sponsor with minimal direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Executes the standardized approach to project management and completion/turnover:
- Templates and tools for project/work scoping and personnel assignments/allocation
- Transparent reporting of product/program/project status, milestones, dependencies, risk and issue definition, resolution and/or mitigation, cost and benefit analysis, and executive support needed
- Objective, fact-based recommendations to executives via reports and live presentations/meetings
- Champions and supports the delivery of Enterprise portfolio products/programs/projects with stakeholders
- Leads projects/initiatives under the direction of an Executive Sponsor by receiving direction and stated guardrails, then independently working to carry the project forward for the executive
- Synthesizes the facts, data, stakeholder perspectives to propose workplan, solution design, and gain buy-in to reach a formal recommendation for the Executive
- Takes accountability for achievement of stated project/initiative deliverables and timely completion
- May be asked to lead or oversee associate project managers’ work on shared projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned and modified at manager’s discretion.
Additional Job Description
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Agility and focus in a dynamic, matrixed organization
- Demonstrated capabilities in managing time, quality, and cost through effective use of project management process, methods, and tools
- Exceptional ability to influence various levels of personnel without authority
- Working knowledge of multiple project management methodologies including agile/scrum and “traditional” IPEC/waterfall
- Superior resourcefulness and problem-solving skills
- Strong commitment to continuous improvement and results
- Exceptional written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to synthesize complex ideas into easy to understand and well-founded recommendations using concepts like the Pyramid Principle
- Strong desire and willingness to provide both consultative/advisory support and hands-on execution
- Agility in applying prior knowledge and insights to tailored, iterative solutions in a start-up environment
- Strong ability to effectively manage demand, manage expectations, and deliver multiple, overlapping projects
- Mastery level Microsoft Office skills:
- PowerPoint – graphics, master slide formatting, notes development, and advanced storyboarding
- Word – reference and table creation, master formatting, and document structuring
- Excel – tracking, sorting, filtering, conditional formatting, pivot tables, etc.
- Microsoft Project, SmartSheet, or other project management software – work stream, task, dependencies, predecessors, Gantt, etc.
- Fluent in English
- This position requires less than 10% of travel nationwide
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Project Management and/or Business Administration or related field required, Masters’ degree preferred; experience above the minimum number of years may substitute for education
- Four (4) to six (6) years of project management experience
- Supervisory experience a plus
- Working understanding of, and hands-on experience with, agile methodologies with PMI-ACP or CSM certification a plus