The X-Ray Technician is a trained medical professional performing radiological duties in compliance with regulatory and departmental requirements. The duties of the X-ray Technician vary from setting to setting, depending on the size, location and type. The X-ray Technician will perform radiographic exams, ordered by the physician, that are technically satisfactory, properly positioned and processed adequately. All exams must be performed using the ALARA principle to minimize radiation dose to the patient.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES/RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Positions patient under X-ray machine, adjusts immobilization devices, and provides appropriate radiation protection; adjusts switches regulating length and intensity of exposure
- Performs a variety of patient care activities to assist physicians including procedures, EKG's, phlebotomy and injections.
- Prepares reports and maintains records of services rendered; maintains radiological film files and storage, pulls X-rays as required for referrals and/or copying; keeps logs for x-rays sent out for referrals. Keeps an updated log that consolidates X-rays performed against reports received.
- Maintains supplies, equipment, practices OSHA safety standards, performs accurate, legal and ethical documentation at all times.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Must have excellent oral written and communication skills and empathy towards our patients at all times.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with team members, including doctors, nurses, front desk staff, center managers and market leaders.
- Mindset focused on solving problems for patients and achieving team goals. Knowledge of medical products, services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Skill in operating phones, personal computer, software and other IT systems.
- Must be detail-oriented to ensure accuracy of reports and data.
- Ability to maintain effective and organized systems to ensure timely patient flow.
- Ability to act calmly in busy or stressful situations.
- This position may require some local travel as it may be assigned to cover multiple centers.
Additional Job Description
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE CRITERIA:
- Graduate from an accredited program for Radiological Technology or Basic X-Ray Machine Operator required; Graduate from an accredited Medical Assistant program preferred.
- Two (2) years X-ray Technologist experience in a corresponding setting is preferred. EMR system experience is preferred.
Licensed and/or certified if required by state regulations. CPR for Healthcare providers required.